Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Opinions on New American Girl Products!

Hi! I was originally planning to post this post later, but I have a week of brand new posts coming up, so I decided why not now? Enjoy and feel free to post your own opinions in the comments sections!

Personally, I love McKenna! I really think she's like a real girl of the year- she doesn't get the best grades in school, she has little-white-lies, and she works hard to pursue her dreams. I really think she's one of the most realistic GOTYs. I also love her starter collection- it comes with so many pieces that really complete her world. I also really like her outfits, especially her meet outfit- it looks so cute. I've also heard a lot of complaints about McKenna's looks. She does look a lot like Chrissa, and I think she would've been cuter if she had hazel of green eyes, but nonetheless, I really think she's cute!
$26 for a bunch of paper junk? I'm sorry, but it's a doll sized back with a bunch of paper products and a plastic water bottle. I can make half of this stuff and purchase the rest for probably less than $2.
I heard many people rave about this bed, and I think it's cool, but not one of my favorite sets. I really like the idea of a loft bed- it's something no other doll has ever had. I personally don't like the color, I think it pops in your face waaaay to much, but I do like that it comes with mini books- not an electronic in sight, but three little books!
Excuse me? $34 for this? Doll rain boots and a doll umbrella? I mean $34? THIRTY-FOUR DOLLARS? EEEEEP- it's so expensive! I'm am SO not buying this. Again, THIRTY-FOUR DOLLARS?
I know I've said this before, but it's a sports bra. And it's weird. Just plain wrong too.
Eight dollars for this? I can make that- for half the price.

I hope you enjoyed by rants and feel free to post your own opinions too!
~Gabby
ps. AGBC starts tomorrow!



13 comments:

Caelen said...

Gabby,
I like how honest you are about this. =)

Claire said...

I definitely agree with you. The Sporty Wristlet and McKenna's Accessories do look sort of cheap. :/

But I do love McKenna! <33

Kate said...

Can't wait till tomorrow agree on the sports bra love the doll love the loft bed Umbrella is super cute but I would pay only about 15 dollars for it and 8 for the shoes. Purse + accessories are super cute :) also are you thinking of getting McKenna?

Gabby said...

Born-American-Girl,
I am! However, not any time soon!
~Gabby

Geridil said...

I TOTALLY agree with you! Most of Mckenna's things are at unreasonable prices.

Anne said...

I actually really like the bed. And is it just me, or do i see a hamster cage? I love hamsters!

And I don't really understand wahts so bad about the bra. I don't think they mean for your doll to wear it alone, and maybe those girls who just got their first bra might enjoy it. But that's just me!

And $34 for boots and umberella? Oh brother! Plus shipping. That's more than a tank of gas! I could buy a really nice outfit for myself with that much. Oh wow, ag.

Anonymous said...

You can probably buy people-size boots at that price!

Ro said...

THIRTY-FOUR DOLLARS?! lol

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anne, I take gymnastics and we do wear things like that; but yeah, the wristlet thingy is waaaaaay to expensive, so is the rain gear

All AG said...

I ordered McKenna and I am getting her in the mail tommorow. I tottaly agree with you with rain set and the sports bra. The sports bra is so wrong for little girls. I heard that the gym bag for McKenna's accesiors is big, but they are still cheap. I love the rain boots but I would only pay about 14 dollars for that set. The loft bed I love again I love. But seriously AG do you have to make the prices reasonable for a change?

All Ag said...

I got mckenna and her hair is sooo soft and easy to brush. I recommend the doll Gabby.:-)

Anonymous said...

I, too like the main outfit for Mckenna. I think AG made the sports bra so little girls starting to wear bras will feel better about it. I love to sew so I could make a purse for about $2 and make it just the way I like so I agree about the price on the sporty wristlet! Thanks for showing us your opinions!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that McKenna is the most real girl of the year. She does set a good example because she works hard to achieve her goals, but she isn't perfect. She is having a hard time in school, and I think a lot of people can relate to that. It's also cool that she does gymnastics. I agree on the sports bra, since AG is for 8 and up and 8 year olds do not need to be introduced to that kind of stuff, and I agree that a lot of AG stuff is overpriced. I'm saving up for McKenna, and having a hard time. It's just so much money. Oh and I read your comment rules and saw the one about using text language, and I completley agree with that. I hate it when people use that stuff, and sometimes I don't even understand it. Wow this was a long comment. Thank you for reading the whole thing.