Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Movie Quote Quiz!

Hey girls! I recently saw this quiz on Claire's blog and I HAD to put it on here! Here's how it works: Simply choose which movie you think the quote is from and if you can, guess the characters who said it! Then, I will give one point to each correct answer and one bonus point to each correct character guess. Comment with your guesses! I won't publish your comment, but I will comment with your score. Enjoy! (Hint: some quotes may be from the same movie or movie series!)

Quote #1
Character 1: Character 2’s got a sort of wonky cross and that’s trials and suffering and… uh… that there could be the sun and that’s happiness. So, um, you’re gonna suffer… but you’re going to be… happy about it.

Quote #2
Character 1: I’m gonna steal the Declaration of Independence.

Quote #3




Character 1: WHOA! That was so cool! Hey dad, did you see that, did you see that, did you see that? Did you see what I did?! 
Character 2: You so totally rocked, Character 1! So my give some fin (slap), noggin (clunck).
Character 1 and 2: Duuuuude…..


Quote #4




Character 1: Dear friends, fifty years ago I went to Juliet’s house in Verona. I wrote her a letter and I asked her a question. And two months ago, I received a reply.

Quote #5
Character 1: This is bad, this very, very bad, really bad! They just can’t get my nose right! 

Quote #6
Character 1: I will literally rent a camper and we will drive across America with my flashlight on your chest.

Quote #7:
Character 1: This is a waste of time! How could a ship land out here?
Character 2: Well, I’m no expert, but it could be that the hydrothermic properties of this region produce hurricane force ice storms that cause the ocean to freeze and then melt and then refreeze resulting in a semi-solid migrating land mass that would land a ship right around here. 


Quote #8:


Character 1: There are so many things you mustn’t do. You mustn’t walk to quickly, you mustn’t talk too loudly, you mustn’t be impatient… you’re so lucky to be a boy! You can do what ever you like!

Character 2: I can’t do whatever I want, I’m an apprentice- I have no freedom!


Quote #9:


Character 1: Hey, let’s play a game. It’s called “see who can be quiet the longest.”

Character 2: Cool! My mom loves that game!

Quote #10:

Character 1: You all seem to be very anxious about something.
Character 2: It’s the chandelier. It fell down, almost killed us. 



Quote #11:
Character 1: Character 2, you are honestly the most wonderful person I have ever met. If I’m ever rude to you…
Character 2: I’ll know you’ve gone back to normal.

Quote #12:

Character 1: We have thirty seconds to disable the alarm.
Character 2: Go.
(they disable it)
Character 2: You did that in twenty-five seconds.
Character 1: That’s why I tell people to get a dog.

Quote #13:
Character 1: How did you know I would find you?
Character 2: You didn’t find me, you collapsed a building on me.

Quote #14
Character 1: (serious) Excuse me, I have to defuse this bomb!
Character 2: (thinks she’s kidding) Oh, totally. Love is a battlefield!

Have fun!


~Gabby


23 comments:

Kate said...

WOW I don't know!!!!! GOOD ONE GABBY

Georgia

Claire said...

I feel sort of honored knowing I inspired this... :-) I know a lot of these quotes!

#1 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (said by Ron)

#2 - National Treasure (said by Ben)

#3 - Finding Nemo (said by Squirt and Crush)

#4 - Letters to Juliet (said by Claire :-))

#5 - Tangled (said by Flynn)

#7 - National Treasure (said by Shippen and Riley...I love him!)

#8 - the Felicity movie (said by Felicity and Ben)

#11 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (said by Ron and Hermione)

#12 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets (said by Ben and Riley)

#14 - Nancy Drew (said by Nancy and Inga)

Numbers 6, 9, and 11 sound awfully familiar but I can't place where they're from...as for #14, I seriously have no idea. :-) Thanks for the fun tag!

Quinlyn said...

Wow, nice quotes! Unfortunately I only recognized three!

#3: The movie is Finding Nemo. Character 1 is Squirt and Character 2 is Crush.

#5: The movie is Tangled. Character 1 is Flynn. :)

#8: The Felicity movie! Character 1 is Felicity and Character 2 is Ben. :)

Katrina ☺ said...

4: Letters to Julliet??? I am bad at this!

Hannah Claire said...

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Ron)

2. National Treasures 1 (Ben Gates)

3. Nemo (Crush and his son)

4. Letters to Juliet

5. Tangled (Flinn Rider)

6. Night at the Museum 2 (Brandon)

7. National Treasures (Shawn and Riley)

8. Felicity: An American Girl Movie (Ben and Felicity)

9. UP (Russel and the old man)

10. Phantom of the Opera?

11. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Ron and Hermione)

12. National Treasures 2 (Riley and Ben)

13: ?

14: Nancy Drew (Nancy and Inga)

you watch almost the same movies I do

anya said...

Hee hee, looks fun. :)

Quote #1: Ron from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban {maybe :)}

Quote #2: Ben Gates from National Treasure.

Quote #3: Crush and his son from Finding Nemo.

Quote #5: Flynn/Eugene from Tangled. :)

Quote #6: Brandon/Brundon from Night at the Museum 2

Quote #7: Powell {I think :P} and Riley Poole, from National Treasure.

Quote #8: I'm not very sure about this one, but I think it's from Felicity: an American Girl

Quote #9: Carl and Russell from UP

Quote #10: Wadsworth and the Cop from Clue

Quote #11: I know it's Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter, but I can't remember which movie. :(

Quote #12: Riley and Ben from National Treasure 2

Sammie said...

Quote#1 is from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when Ron is telling Harry is fortune in the teacup.
Quote#8 is from the Felicity an American Girl movie when she is talking to Ben.
All the other quotes I don't know

Sarah said...

#1: Harry Potter 3! Ron and Harry in the Divination Class!
#2: National Treasure #1, Ben declaring he will steal the Declaration of Independence.
#3: Finding Nemo! The Sea-Turtle dad and son.
#4: It might be Letters to Juliet, but I haven't seen that movie so I'm no so sure.
#5: Tangled! I love that part!
#6: Night at The Museum 2!
#7: National Treasure 1
#8: The Felicity Movie? Felicity and Ben talking?
#9: Up!
#10: Um.... I don't know!
#11: Stumped....
#12: Uh.. Cat's and Dogs? I'm not positive.
#13: Hmmm. Again, I'm not sure.
#14: Don't know.... Um, is it Underdog?

Fiona said...

Okay...let's see what I can do...:
#3-NEMO!!! Character 1 is Squirt and Character 2 is Crush!
#5-Rapunzel...it's that prince dude named...Finn?
#9-Up...Character 1 is...Carl Fredrickson and Charcter 2 is Russel.
That's all! Thanks Gabby, this is a fun game!

Gabby said...

Hey girls! I have your scores! (If you haven't submitted your answers, there is still time!)

Fiona- 9
Katelyn- 16
Sammie- 6
Spicemuffin- 25
Kit Snicket- 26
Katrina- 1
Quinlyn- 8
Claire- 20

Great job you all!
~Gabby

Anne said...

um, I don't know all of them...but the ones I do know:

#2: "National Treasure"? Is that what's it's called....??
#3: "Finding Nemo"? No? I have no idea, then...
#4: "Letters to Juliet"
#5: "TANGLED"!!!!
#8: "Felicity"!
#9: "Up". Love it!
#10: Is that "Harry Potter"..."Deathly Hollows?" I may be way off...please tell me if I'm wrong because I'm starting to get curious.
#14: "Nancy Drew"!!

Claire said...

Quote #3
From: Finding Nemo
Character 1: Crush
Character 2: Squirt

Quote #5
From: Tangled
Character 1: Eugene Fitzherbert (aka Flyn Rider)

Quote #8
From: Felicity
Character 1: Felicity
Character 2: Ben

Quote #9
From: Up
Character 1: Mr. Fredrickson
Character 2: Russel

Claire said...

Quote #2
From National Treasure ( I think)
Claire

Fiona said...

Oh no! I meant Tangled, not Rapunzel...will you still count that Gabby?

All AG said...

Gabby, when is the AG book club start again?

Lexie said...

3# Finding Nemo and the tutle

4# Letters To Juliet

5# Tangled Flynn Rider

12# The adventures of Tin Tin

They are all guesses cept 5#

Anonymous said...

Quote #1 .. Ron said it on Harry Potter, I think on Prisioner of Azkaban because I think it was third year they started taking the extra classes with divination.

Quote #2 .. Was from the first National Treasure and I cannot remember the Character name but it was Nicolas Cage.

Quote #3 .. Hmmmm .. it has been tooooo long .. I think the character is Nemo on his movie .. was it Finding nemo? LOL

Quote #4 .. Never heard it

Quote #5 .. heard it but cannot remember it .. I am so bad at this. lol

Quote #6 .. noppers

Quote #7 .. back to National Treasure .. when they are out on the ice field and Riley says that to one of the other guys.

Quote #8 .. not a clue ..

Quote #9 .. noppers

Quote #10 .. noppers

Quote #11 .. Oh I know this one .. Ron says it to Herminoe in one of the movies, but cannot remember which one ..

Quote #12 .. I have heard that one to .. is that when Riley and ______ break into the house on movie two?? Hmmmm ..

Quote #13 .. noppers

Quote #14 .. noppers ..

not too good at this for sure. I do not watch enough movies and we do not have TV cable to watch because we have internet .. lol

TracAn

Lexie said...

Hey gabby I recently started a blog (and followed yours) please check out my blog thnks

Gabby said...

Here are the second round of points:

Crazy Doll Lady- 9
Lexie- 4
Claire- 11
Anne- 7

Way to go everyone!
~Gabby

Anne said...

So what are the answers?

Alyssa said...

Did you get my answers?

Gabby said...

No, Alyssa, I'm sorry, but I didn't get them.

~Gabby

Alyssa said...

Thants weird. I commented them all on here. I forget which ones I did now.